We are making a trip next month to Pittsburgh to attend the American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration 54th Annual Conference! Our team is excited about this premiere healthcare human resources (HR) event and can’t wait to meet some new faces. Before our journey, we’d like to guide you through some of the sessions to look out for, new experiences at ASHHRA 2018, and what to expect from the exhibit hall – take a look!
2018 ASHHRA Conference Checklist
Whether you’re attending for the first time or have been coming to ASHHRA for years, here are a few things you can’t miss during the week! Be sure to follow up with the 2018 ASHHRA Schedule for reference.
- Get your day started with a morning stretch! Don’t miss Sunrise Yoga each morning
- Take the CHHR Exam to be Certified in Healthcare Human Resources
- Attend the Accreditation & Compliance Workshop to gain a deeper understanding of compliance standards and CMS requirements (Saturday)
- Check out former U.S. Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra’s keynote on “Open Data, IT and Value-Based Payment” (Sunday)
- Attend the Exhibit Hall | Pittsburgh Mixer (Sunday)
- Hear Jeff Glasbrenner’s extraordinary story of his “Journey to the Top” of Mt. Everest (Monday)
This year’s conference will have some excellent keynote speakers with industry expertise and inspirational stories to help shape a great culture framework to take home. We are looking forward to hearing from the following guests.
Aneesh Chopra, Former U.S. Chief Technology Officer
Open Data, IT and Value-Based Payment: The (Bipartisan) Approach to Health-Care Delivery Reform
Sunday, Sept 16 | 9:15-10:45am
Journey to the Top
Monday, Sept 17 | 8-9:30am
A1Accreditation & Compliance Workshop
Mark Crafton Executive Director, State & External Relations of The Joint Commission
Patrick Horine CEO, DNV-GL Healthcare USA
- Gain a deeper understanding of compliance standards
- Analyze which CMS approved organization meets your organizational needs
- Learn about current regulations that may affect your institution
Consumerism: Today’s Employee Engagement Imperative
Cathy Fraser, MBA Chief Human Resources Officer, Mayo Clinic
• Consider an elongated employee life cycle in planning your future workforce
• Incorporate a “consumer mindset” in your employee programs
• Broaden your definition of the workforce, including your digital employees
HR Service Delivery – Introducing Digital Transformation in HR Shared Services
Jamie Schmitgen, SHRM-SCP Chair, People Services, Mayo Clinic
- Understanding of digital transformation
- Importance of digital transformation for HR
- Case studies of Mayo HR automation efforts
Using Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Improve Patient and Financial Outcomes
Myra Norton, MA, MS President and COO, Arena Carol Farris, MSHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP Director Talent Acquisition & Management, Regional One Health
*Repeats on Monday, 3:00 – 4:00 pm (C3.7)*
- Importance of predictors in pre-employment assessments
- Identifying your organization’s specific people needs
- Lessons learned
Using Data Analytics to Build an Elite Talent Acquisition: An Adventist Health System Case Study
Colin Lyle, RACR, CIR Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, Adventist Health System
- Performance Management for Talent Acquisition
- Data Analytics to drive ROI
- Talent Acquisition Benchmarking
Building the BSN Workforce
Donna Meyer, MSN, RN, ANEF, OADN, FAADN CEO, Organization for Associate Degree Nursing
Tina Lear, MHA National Program Director, National Education Progression in Nursing
- Identify limitations and new possibilities within the nursing education system for meeting current and future workforce needs.
- Recognize the impact of policies related to clinical placements, hiring, scheduling, and support for students in attaining the best-prepared workforce
- Identify future trends in employment for the nursing profession
Rethinking HR for the Future of Work in Health Care
Kristina Dunphy Director, PwC People Analytics, PwC
- Learn about the challenges that HR is facing, resulting from a combination of traditional and new pressures that are spawning the workforce of the future
- Understand how HR is being disrupted and ways that HR can address these new challenges
- Gather benchmark data for key workforce metrics such as nurse turnover, the span of control and investment in HR
ASHHRA 2018 Exhibit Hall
We are a little biased but are pretty confident that we will have quite a fun experience this year at the ProviderTrust booth. Stop by our booth at 716 and meet some members of our team and learn a little more about our license verification and management solutions. Visit us within just a few short steps of the main ASHHRA booth!
We can’t wait to see what is in store for this conference! Please let us know if you’ll be attending and one of our team members would be happy to meet with you.
See you in Pittsburgh!
Check out our latest resources!
Written by Michael Rosen, ESQ
Michael brings over 20 years of experience founding and leading risk mitigation businesses, receiving numerous accolades such as Inc Magazine’s Inc 500 Award and Nashville Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year.