On January 23, 2017, Today reported, Glassdoor compiled its annual jobs report to hunt down the 50 Best Jobs in America for 2017, based on how well they meet the criteria for overall job score. And guess what? Complaince is King (or Queen)!
This job catapults in the list to #25.
The report, which has been doubled this year (up from just 25 jobs in 2016), judges the performance of a job by determining a set of three factors:
- Earning potential based on median annual base salary
- Job satisfaction rating
- Number of job openings across the country.
So, as we have known for decades, the job of compliance is tough and sometimes thankless. But, it is becoming one of the fastest growing and, interestingly enough, satisfying jobs in America today.
This is certainly good news for several reasons:
- C-Suite will continue to take notice of the importance of this job
- It may become easier to get that budget request approved!
- You can make this a satisfying career and grow, learn and improve your career
- The focus on regulatory compliance and the avoidance of hefty fines will only make this job more importat
- You can have a meaningful, impactful and enjoyable job in healthcare in a position that matters
So hats off to the compliance manager and those that work hard every day to make this critical function and job a key part of a heatlhy healthcare organization!
Written by Michael Rosen, ESQ
ProviderTrust Co-Founder, email@example.com
Connect with Michael on Linkedin
Michael brings over 20 years of experience founding and leading risk mitigation businesses, receiving numerous accolades such as: Inc Magazine’s Inc 500 Award and Nashville Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year.