HCCA 22nd Annual Compliance Institute
Las Vegas, April 15-18
The 2018 HCCA Compliance is right around the corner, can you believe it? This year’s event is sure to pack just as many punches and more with so many influential speakers, events, and NEW activities scheduled. Let us be your quick guide to planning a great trip to the ARIA next month!
Compliance Institute Checklist
Are you new to the HCCA Compliance Institute? We’ve been around for a few years and have a few tips to make your trip a success! Are you a seasoned conference vet? There are so many opportunities for learning and professional growth, oh yeah – some fun too!
- Come early and join in on the Volunteer Project this year at Three Square Food Bank.
- Check out the HCCA booth and download the HCCA Mobile App to stay up to date on all Compliance Institute news and information and to quickly sign up with vendors with a quick scan.
- Say hello to the new HCCA CEO – Gerry Zack, and don’t miss his opening comments.
- Branch out from the “norm” when it comes to attending Breakout Sessions. HCCA has color-coded learning tracks to help plan your week.
- Book a “braindate” to get acquainted with people interested in topics you want to discuss.
- Visit the exhibit hall to browse a wide variety of vendors. Come see us at the ProviderTrust Booth 1511 – we would love to connect with you!
- Consider to giving the Silent Auction this year, benefitting America’s Fund.
- Attend a speed networking or mentoring session to meet and learn from peers.
- Earn up to 23.1 CCB CEUs while attending the conference and get certified during or after the conference with available exam registration.
- NEW Fitness Challenge – track your activity during the week by pre-registering and competing against other attendees with great prizes available!
This year will be loaded with an all-star lineup of industry experts, including 125 new speakers. Of course, we are looking forward to hearing Inspector General, OIG HHS, Daniel Levinson share his thoughts this year, as well as Rashmi Airan, Lloyd Dean, Kimberly Brandt, and Scott Eblin.
Daniel Levinson, Inspector General, OIG HHS
General Session: OIG Update
April 16 | 9-9:30 am
Scott Eblin, Author, “The Next Level”, “Overworked and Overwhelmed”
General Session: Next Level Leadership
April 16 | 9:30-10:30 am
Kimberly Brandt, Principal Deputy Administrator for Operations, CMS
General Session: Update from CMS
April 17 | 8:40-9:00 am
Lloyd Dean, President and CEO, Dignity Health
General Session: Compliance as a Strategic Business Partner: A CEO’s Perspective
April 17 | 9-9:50 am
Rashmi Airan, Ethics Speaker and Consultant
General Session: Ethical Vigilance Creates a WellNow Culture
April 17 | 9:50-10:30 am
Which speaker are you most excited to hear? Let us know in the comments below!
There are so many amazing breakout sessions to attend this year with a wide variety of topics and NEW learning tracks to help organize your gameplan.
Our team is excited to announce that we will be presenting two sessions this year, and would love for you to join us!
Monday, April 16 | Room 203 | 1:30-2:30 PM
Pills, Providers, and Problems: How to Investigate Drug Diversion in Long-Term Care
Ben Purser, Purser Security Consulting Group
Donna Thiel, Chief Compliance Officer, ProviderTrust
Wednesday, April 18 | Room W12 | 10:00-11:45 AM
Ensuring Your Vendors Comply with Your Compliance Requirements/Plan
Andrew Luers, Partner, ProviderTrust
Donna J. Thiel, Chief Compliance Officer, ProviderTrust
Christopher Redhage, Co-Founder, ProviderTrust
We are a little biased but are pretty confident that we will have quite a fun experience this year at the ProviderTrust booth. Stop by our main booth at 1511 and meet some members of our team and join in on the giveaways and training sessions we will be hosting. Visit us within just a few short steps of the main HCCA booth, or be sure to grab more information on ExclusionCheck at location T2 in the main hallway!
Your journey to 100% compliance is never-ending, and no matter how far along the path you may be, our software solutions are designed to be the ultimate guide to smarter monitoring for exclusions, licenses, sanctions for your providers and networks.
We hope that you have a blast at this year’s conference in Vegas! Can’t make it? Don’t feel left out! Follow along with us on social media. We’ll be posting photos, live videos and more!
Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | Instagram
HCCA CI 2018 Social Hashtags:
There are plenty of more activities we could post for this jam-packed event – hopefully, this is a good start for you. Be on the lookout for our HCCA recap blog, as we will dive into everything we learned and key takeaways.
To get a feel for some of the other HCCA events we’ve attended over the years, click on any of the posts below.
See you soon!
Check out our latest resources!
Written by Donna Thiel, Chief Compliance Officer
Donna Thiel is the Chief Compliance Officer for ProviderTrust and leads our Compliance Integrity team, a consulting division of ProviderTrust. Donna works with compliance officers across the country to help reduce the stress and anxiety of this very difficult role.