The following case study is an example of a long-time ProviderTrust customer who came to us looking for a way to centralize work and records among multiple teams and 70 facilities in their health system. Take a look at some of the challenges this provider faced, and how our Passport solution has helped automate and optimize their internal workflows.
Health System Profile
This customer is an acute health system with 70 facilities throughout bordering states including rehabilitation hospitals, clinics, urgent care centers, primary care, hospice care, and more.
This customer is required to manage primary source verification for around 8,000 licensed providers and vendor compliance for a population of nearly 300.
The customer was looking to unify its effort to ensure overall compliance and centralize data across multiple facilities and various types of operations while growing and expanding their business. As the team began to implement our Passport solution, they determined that high priorities for the success of the Compliance and HR departments depended on establishing consistent workflows among administrators and team members.
Throughout its various facilities, the customer discovered significant disparities in the workflows and priorities for ongoing provider exclusion monitoring, documenting license and certification verification, vendor monitoring, and job code requirements.
Visibility at a corporate and facility level was critical for each administrator to address concerns and communicate with their teams. The customer was looking for a healthcare compliance solution that could be configured to their needs with an exceptional level of detail and functionality for holding each team member accountable for various disciplines or business units.
When it comes to reporting and auditing tools, the customer was looking for a solution that supported easy provider lookup and thorough documentation of license verification.
- Centralize provider data and ongoing monitoring records in one platform
- Create an easy way to store and manage primary source verification for their credentialing process
- Monitor healthcare providers, vendors, and third parties for any exclusions or sanctions from HHS OIG, SAM.gov, or state Medicaid authorities
- Simplify ongoing licensing board monitoring for any disciplinary or administrative actions or sanctions against providers or licenses
- Optimize team workflows with aligned policies, controlled processes, and increased accountability
- Customize business rules to support their organizational structure
- Standardize job code requirements and alerts across the organization
- Create dashboard views to meet compliance and reporting requirements for each facility
How We Helped
- Successful onboarding and team adoption from each facility to understand how to utilize Passport features
- Provided shared insights and transparency at the organizational and facility level
- Reduced verification re-work and resources required to manage their credentialing and renewal process
- Configured more than 1,500 job requirements for specific disciplines or codes
- Automated monthly exclusion monitoring for providers and vendors with exact match results reduced the time from alert to resolution
- Instant reporting options provided detailed information for smoother audits and quick lookup of provider verification and monitoring history
- Bridged the gap between HR and Compliance departments for increased communication and data visibility
- Helped their organization achieve a Passport health score of 99% across all 70 facilities
We are so pleased to continue our partnership with this customer for eight years and counting. It truly has been a dynamic and successful experience getting to support a health system making a huge impact in their communities of operation.
ProviderTrust continues its mission to create smarter and safer healthcare by empowering compliance and human resource professionals with automated solutions that impact patient care on a daily basis.
Passport for Your Team
[button text=”Find out more about how Passport can help empower your team.” link=”https://info.providertrust.com/hubfs/HR/License%20Monitoring/Passport_ForYourTeam.pdf ” class=”button-blue-text” arrow=”true”]