Scrum Master / Agile Coach
ProviderTrust empowers a safer, smarter healthcare for patients, providers, and payors. Based in Nashville, Tennessee since our launch in 2010, we create powerful solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. We monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions and more, continuously verifying everything at the primary source.
Our solutions combine an intuitive user experience with advanced data matching algorithms and seamless integrations to continuously identify and verify compliance issues in the optimal workflow, such as an HRIS or claims processing system.
As the Agile Coach at ProviderTrust, you will be responsible for optimizing the Agile process while also serving as a “culture champion” ensuring the Product Development unit is thriving. You possess a special charisma to lead, influence, and motivate others. You are a servant leader who is passionate about helping team members grow and succeed by removing obstacles and uniquely celebrating both big and small victories. You love to organize teams and see them perform at their best. You’re never happy with the status quo and seek to facilitate constant improvement. You’re a coach that helps the team with agile best practices that will allow us to deliver greater value to our customers.
- Minimum 3 years as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach, or Team Coach with a solid understanding of technical concepts.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing software development projects using Agile (Scrum)
- Agile Scrum Master Certification (CSM) Preferred
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience creating KPIs, dashboards and metrics
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to lead through influence
- Strong independent leadership skills with the ability to lead a large team with minimal oversight including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
- Provide creative, out of the box solutions to solving challenging problems
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, Iteration/Sprint planning, mid sprint reviews, Iteration/Sprint demos and retrospective meetings for multiple teams
- Responsible for identifying project risks and potential mitigation strategies
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team with full understanding of time/cost/scope impacts
- Identify, own and remove impediments for the team on a daily basis
- Track metrics of team progress, productivity and success
- Be a change agent to enable a culture in which scrum teams can flourish and be heard
- Serve as a mentor that transfers agile knowledge and experience to the team
- Ability to identify cross team dependencies and align work effectively.
What It’s Like To Work Here
We take immense pride in cultivating a strong, person-first culture always looking for ways to be intentionally uncommon. Our team is made up of talented, creative, kind, funny, and energetic folks wired for continuous and ongoing improvement.
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package
- 401k with employer match
- Stock option program
- Excellent medical and dental benefits, disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO (yes, really – we’ll talk about how it works)
- Growth! Lots of new people, new talent, and new opportunities for our team
- A stocked kitchen and wellness meal plan
- Ergonomic desk setup and open workspaces
- Lots of celebrations! Events, happy hours, and more
- Dog-friendly – WOOF!
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2019)