Cloud Security Engineer
ProviderTrust is a fast-growing SaaS company located in the heart of downtown Nashville, TN. We are the market leader in the data science of exclusion monitoring, license verification, and sanction screening with the ultimate goal of helping our clients improve the levels of patient safety and quality they strive to provide.
We take immense pride in cultivating a strong, person-first culture always looking for ways to be intentionally uncommon. Our team is made up of talented, creative, kind, funny, and energetic folks wired for continuous improvement.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Cloud Security Engineer to evolve and refine the infrastructure solutions we have in place as well as tackle the ones we have yet to see. If open ports keep you up at night, this position may be for you!
- BS or MS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years direct experience with the technologies and duties of this position.
- Professional experience with AWS CloudFormation Templates
- Professional experience with git
- Professional experience with monitoring tools (eg: Nagios, Cloudwatch, Prometheus)
- A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest tools and technologies
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Able to work on site at our Nashville location as a salaried full time employee.
- Knowledgeable about Penetration Testing techniques
- Strong understanding of Web Application vulnerabilities (OWASP) and attacks.
- Ability to translate traditional information security best practices and defense in depth approaches to virtualized/cloud based environments.
- Designing and maintaining secure Linux web servers
- Designing secure Docker containers according to best practices
- Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, ECS, etc.
- Automated configuration management tools (eg: Puppet, Ansible)
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Maintaining relational database systems (PostgreSQL)
- Java, Tomcat, or Apache Web Server
- Windows server
- Building or managing a microservice architecture a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and refine existing web server, cloud infrastructure, and application security/availability
- Evaluate and refine existing compliance (eg: SOC, HIPAA) controls
- Serve as the subject matter expert for AWS, infrastructure, and systems security/availability
- Serve as point person for security questionnaires related to IT/infrastructure
- Assist development team in the design and implementation of new infrastructure solutions
- A focus on security, recoverability and scalability in all designs and solutions
What It’s Like To Work Here
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed in and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package
- Stock option program
- 401k with employer match
- Excellent medical and dental benefits, disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO (yes, really – we’ll talk about how it works)
- Growth! Lots of new people, new talent, and new opportunities for our team
- A stocked kitchen and wellness meal plan
- Ergonomic desk setup and open workspaces
- Lots of celebrations! Events, happy hours, and more
- Dog friendly – WOOF!
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2018)