POSITION AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
ProviderTrust is a fast-growing SaaS company located in the heart of downtown Nashville, TN. We are the market leader in the data science of exclusion monitoring, license verification, and sanction screening with the ultimate goal of helping our clients improve the levels of patient safety and quality they strive to provide.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Site Reliability and Operations team. This hire will assist in maintaining existing Linux and Windows systems and surrounding cloud based resources. They will help build new tools and processes to automate and reduce the time spent on manual tasks. Finally, they will serve as a systems and cloud subject matter expert when assisting application development teams in designs that involve system or cloud architecture.
A successful candidate will be disciplined, have strong attention to detail, and will have a strong drive to learn new technologies and solutions. Competitive candidates will have experience with several of the systems listed below. They will also be an expert in at least one of these core areas: Containerized systems (Docker), CI/CD, Automation in the cloud, Linux system administration, network security.
- Maintain and support existing web servers and cloud infrastructure
- Assist in the design and implementation of secure, scalable Linux or Windows system architecture
- Assist in the design and implementation of containerized system architectures
- Serve as the subject matter expert for AWS and system architecture
- Assist development team in the design of new solutions
- Develop tools that will improve ability to work with existing legacy systems
- A focus on security, recoverability and scalability in all designs and solutions
- BS or MS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years direct experience with the technologies and duties of this position.
- Able to work on site as a salaried full time employee.
Experience in some of the areas below is recommended but not required.
- Designing and maintaining secure Linux web servers
- Designing secure Docker containers according to best practices
- Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, ECS, etc.
- Cloud based IaaS (AWS strongly encouraged)
- Automated configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation
- Distributed revision control tools (Git)
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Monitoring tools for traditional and dynamic environments (Nagios, Cloudwatch, Prometheus)
- Maintaining relational database systems (PostgreSQL)
- Java, Tomcat, or Apache Web Server
- Strong competency in at least one major scripting language
- Windows server
- Building or managing a microservice architecture a plus
- A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest tools and technologies
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Must be able to work on site at our Nashville location
What It’s Like To Work Here
We take immense pride in cultivating a strong, person-first culture always looking for ways to be intentionally uncommon. Our team is made up of talented, creative, kind, funny, and energetic folks wired for continuous improvement.
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed in and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package
- Stock option program
- 401k with employer match
- Excellent medical and dental benefits, disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO (yes, really – we’ll talk about how it works)
- Growth! Lots of new people, new talent, and new opportunities for our team
- A stocked kitchen and wellness meal plan
- Ergonomic desk setup and open workspaces
- Lots of celebrations! Events, happy hours, and more
- Dog friendly – WOOF!
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2018)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2018)
To apply please click here.