Cloud Systems Engineer
ProviderTrust empowers a safer, smarter healthcare for patients, providers, and payors. Based in Nashville, Tennessee since our launch in 2010, we create powerful solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. We monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions and more, continuously verifying everything at the primary source.
Our solutions combine an intuitive user experience with advanced data matching algorithms and seamless integrations to continuously identify and verify compliance issues in the optimal workflow, such as an HRIS or claims processing system.
We are seeking a talented Cloud Systems Engineer to help us manage and improve upon our cloud infrastructure and the systems that run within it.
We take immense pride in cultivating a strong, person-first culture always looking for ways to be intentionally uncommon. Our team is made up of talented, creative, kind, funny, and energetic folks wired for continuous improvement.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, or related field
- 4 – 7 years relevant experience (AWS, Linux, Jenkins, etc…)
- Ability to comfortably operate and solve non-trivial problems in AWS and Linux
- Solid understanding and familiarity with CloudFormation Templates
- Solid understanding and familiarity with AWS offerings and concepts as they relate to functionality, availability, security, and cost
- Ability to lead well and help others grow
- Experience with Git
- Experience with automated configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Effective at reading/writing shell scripts
- Experience with httpd a plus
- Windows server administration a plus
- A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest tools and technologies
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Must be able to work onsite at our Nashville location
Duties and Responsibilities
- Become a subject matter expert for our cloud infrastructure and the systems that run within it
- Lead, mentor, and help the operations team grow and succeed
- Champion and implement cost effective solutions for the improvement of CI/CD, stability, monitoring, and manual tasks
- Design and implement new systems and cloud infrastructure in support of business and development needs
- Maintain and support existing systems and cloud infrastructure
- Work with the development team in a DevOps environment
- A focus on security, recoverability, and maintainability in all designs and solutions
What It’s Like To Work Here
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
Competitive base salary and incentive package
401k with employer match
Stock option program
Excellent medical and dental benefits, disability and life insurance
Unlimited PTO (yes, really – we’ll talk about how it works)
Growth! Lots of new people, new talent, and new opportunities for our team
A stocked kitchen and wellness meal plan
Ergonomic desk setup and open workspaces
Lots of celebrations! Events, happy hours, and more
Dog-friendly – WOOF!
Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2019)