ProviderTrust empowers safer healthcare for patients, providers, and payers by leveraging always-accurate compliance intelligence. Founded in 2010 in Nashville, TN, ProviderTrust creates comprehensive solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to continuously monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. Our solutions monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials, and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions.
ProviderTrust monitors and verifies compliance and credential issues across the healthcare ecosystem, connecting vital intelligence to the moments and workflows you need it most. From OIG exclusions to licenses and credentials, our healthcare monitoring and verification platform goes beyond good enough.
We are seeking a Compliance Manager to partner with our Chief Compliance Officer on many day-to-day operational activities. This includes preparing for certification audits such as SOC, NCQA, and HITRUST, reviewing and documenting operational processes to ensure consistency and efficiency, as well as working closely with our engineering team. The ideal candidate is a documentation specialist, keeping accurate records of compliance data, reports, activities, and communications, all of which need to be available and accessible to auditors or client inquiries. You have an analytical mindset, critical thinking skills, and experience with healthcare information systems. Communication is key in this role, as these complex compliance findings need to be presented in an easily understandable manner. In the first year of employment, you will help the organization navigate HITRUST certification. You will have the opportunity to become HITRUST certified as well.
- Extremely detail oriented; loves analyzing and documenting processes; seeks process improvement opportunities; great communicator
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and recommend solutions for compliance risks
- BS or MS degree in business, engineering, computer science, or healthcare related field
- The ability to work efficiently and lead yourself in a fluid environment
- Demonstrate a strong passion for success as well as a strong work ethic
- Some knowledge of HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO 27001, NIST, PCI DSS, or SSAE SOC standards
- Some experience with creating and maintaining IT Policies and Procedures that are HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO 27001, NIST, PCI DSS, or SSAE SOC standards
- Experience with Healthcare technology environments or and related compliance
Duties and Responsibilities
The Compliance Manager will be the primary resource for the organization and compilation of numerous policies and processes we need to adhere to: from employee handbooks to department manuals to process SOP documents that help maintain our compliance. In addition, this role will be responsible for maintaining evidence as required by each type of ProviderTrust certification (SOC, HITRUST, NCQA).
You may also be responsible for assisting with system reviews, risk assessments, or conducting investigations and audits to ensure the ongoing protection of confidential client information. Communication is key in this role, as these complex compliance findings need to be presented in an easily understandable manner.
- Participate in security and privacy incident investigations, incident tracking, response plans, and activities related to security and privacy.
- Review’s literature and documentation and compare such to current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, cybersecurity industry frameworks and standards (E.g., HITRUST, HIPAA, SOC, NIST, etc.)
- Assist in writing and updating HITRUST,, HIPAA, and SOC Compliant Policies and Procedures
- Participates in the planning of compliance reports, preparation of audit and compliance programs, s, drafting respective reports for presentation, and assessing corrective action plans
- Assist in performing Risk Assessments to ensure compliance with regulatory standards such as, HITRUST, SOC, HIPAA
- Analyze, update, and draft existing and new compliance policies and related documentation
- Conduct gap analysis and assessment of privacy, security and risk management programs
- Assist with the development of a roadmap to evolve the risk management programs
- Participate in new business initiatives and product development activities to identify and escalate compliance considerations.
- Collaborate with and assist business units to develop corrective action plans for identified compliance issues
- Continuously monitor the status and effectiveness of SOC controls (or future audit requirements)
- Continually update and re-evaluate the extent to which customer PII is collected and shared internally and externally
What It’s Like To Work Here
At ProviderTrust, we recognize that experience can be built in a number of ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume or your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more. We will champion building a team that embodies empathy, equity, respect, and inclusivity while actively supporting our community, clients, partners, and friends. We value differences of opinions and embrace everyone’s unique perspective. We desire an environment that allows all team members to bring their full selves to work, unashamedly. We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time. ProviderTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package with 401k matching, meaningful equity, HSA employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits; PT pays 80% of your premiums. We also offer access to a range of free mental health and well-being resources
- Unlimited PTO, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Internal professional growth, development, and mobility
- Daily all-company morning huddles to sync up across the business
- In-office experience: fully stocked kitchen, ergonomic desk setup, dog-friendly, and lots of celebrations!
- Remote experience: home office set-up with technology provided, remote-friendly meetings and celebrations, and interest-specific Slack channels for connecting across teams
- Fitness stipend, wellness program, and cell phone reimbursement
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2020)