Director of Software Development
ProviderTrust empowers a safer, smarter healthcare for patients, providers, and payors. Based in Nashville, Tennessee since our launch in 2010, we create powerful solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. We monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions and more, continuously verifying everything at the primary source.
Our solutions combine an intuitive user experience with advanced data matching algorithms and seamless integrations to continuously identify and verify compliance issues in the optimal workflow, such as an HRIS or claims processing system.
ProviderTrust is seeking a talented, servant-leader to lead our software development team comprised of four development teams, an operations team, and a QA team.
Software Development Experience. You’ve been a software developer, know what it takes to be a great software developer and you can discuss technical strategy, architecture, coding best-practices, and tradeoffs. You’re comfortable providing direction and thoughtful feedback, and prefer leading through your talented team vs. directly involving yourself in all efforts.
People Management and Development. You’re passionate about managing, coaching, mentoring, professional development, and crafting opportunities to support your teams’ success. You don’t shy away from challenging performance conversations, and you recognize the relationship between clear, direct feedback and career growth. Ideally, you’d have 7+ years of experience managing and growing product-focused software teams. You will play an active role in scaling the team and onboarding new talent.
Data-driven Decisions. You leverage quantitative and qualitative data to make strategic decisions. You will rely on those closest to the action to make recommendations, while taking into account relevant and timely data. You are not afraid to make decisions, and yet you can change course as new information becomes available.
Intentional Leadership. Our teams thrive through coaching and enabling rather than getting directions. We strive to be supportive, patient, and people-focused. You will achieve success when your team is engaged and aligned.
Organization and Project Management. You are highly organized and able to manage impactful projects across functional teams. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills are required.
Coordination. You’re good at connecting people and distributing critical information across the organization. You gain the cooperation of others, negotiate, and are comfortable presenting information on specific projects or schedules. You are able to clearly align the software development team with the goals of the business. When solving problems, you are able to develop, organize, and present multiple solutions as well as communicate the approach throughout all levels of the company.
Who you are:
- Based in Nashville, TN
- Practical experience in delivering software and services leveraging cloud infrastructure
- Engineering background with 7+ years professional leadership experience in software development
- Exceptional leadership, coaching, and management skills
- Proven ability to lead teams of 10+ software developers
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Innovative, open-minded, and collaborative
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Strong programming skills in Java
- Expertise in relational database systems and SQL
- Strong knowledge of OOP techniques
- Experience with AWS services, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Linux
- Knowledge and experience in CI/CD
- Knowledge and experience with micro-services and API modeling
What It’s Like To Work Here
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package
- 401k with employer match
- HSA with employer contribution
- Stock option program
- Excellent medical and dental benefits, disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO (yes, really – we’ll talk about how it works)
- Growth! Lots of new people, new talent, and new opportunities for our team
- A stocked kitchen
- Casual dress
- Ergonomic desk setup and open workspaces
- Lots of celebrations! Events, happy hours, and more
- Dog-friendly – WOOF!
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2019)