Freelance Healthcare Writer
ProviderTrust empowers a safer, smarter healthcare for patients, providers, and payors. Based in Nashville, Tennessee since our launch in 2010, we create powerful solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. We monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions and more, continuously verifying everything at the primary source.
Our solutions combine an intuitive user experience with advanced data matching algorithms and seamless integrations to continuously identify and verify compliance issues in the optimal workflow, such as an HRIS or claims processing system.
We are actively looking for a freelance writer to support our B2B content marketing production. The ideal candidate is someone who loves to research a topic, craft an outline, and write a story. You have a love for healthcare marketing and are passionate about making complex industry topics into digestible and enjoyable stories. You are likely a journalist or marketer by education or background, an avid blogger/writer already, and want to contribute to a tech company’s content marketing strategy. You love the idea of remote, independent work while contributing to a growing tech company’s mission and strategy. You’re okay with set contracts and deliverables for short-term, consistent work. And last, telling stories that help keep patients safe sounds like an opportunity aligned with your skills and passions.
- Experience writing marketing copy, B2B healthcare industry preferred.
- Experience working with or for a healthcare provider (hospital, nursing home, health system, etc.), health plan, or a company that speaks to these types of organizations is a plus!
- Strong communication, research, and writing skills.
- Ability to work well independently (reliable internet, computer, etc.) as assigned.
- Creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside of the box.
- Receptiveness to feedback and coaching, and a willingness to meet set deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing: You will be responsible for delivering written content pieces and meeting deadlines as directed by the Content Strategy Manager. This role is specifically supporting our marketing efforts to audiences within health plan organizations. The types of content may vary, but in large part will be “blog posts” in length, style, and structure. You will be responsible for writing in accordance with our Brand Style Guide and meeting SEO guidelines. At this time we are looking for a few pieces a month.
- Research: You will be responsible for researching each topic and piece of content to ensure factual accuracy, consistency, and comprehension. Healthcare can be complex – research and accuracy is imperative.
- Collaboration: You will be responsible to align production plans with the Content Strategy Manager, including topics/titles, outlines, and piece length/style. You’ll be required to check in with the CSM on a regular basis to ensure quality and that deadlines are met.
What It’s Like To Work Here
We take immense pride in cultivating a strong, person-first culture always looking for ways to be intentionally uncommon. Our team is made up of talented, creative, kind, funny, and energetic folks wired for continuous and ongoing improvement. To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Growth! Lots of new people, new talent, and new opportunities for our team
- Lots of celebrations! Events, happy hours, and more
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2019)