Quality Assurance Manager
ProviderTrust empowers a safer, smarter healthcare for patients, providers, and payers. Based in Nashville, Tennessee since our launch in 2010, we create powerful solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. We monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions and more, continuously verifying everything at the primary source.
Our solutions combine an intuitive user experience with advanced data matching algorithms and seamless integrations to continuously identify and verify compliance issues in the optimal workflow, such as an HRIS or claims processing system.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, friendly, and highly motivated QA Manager to join and lead our Quality Experience team. The successful candidate will bring a spirit of openness, a willingness to learn and pivot in a context of constant change, and a passion for helping others grow and succeed.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team of Engineers, IT, or Analyst professionals
- Automation experience or experience with automation frameworks and testing processes
- Capable of establishing and communicating design-first thinking in SDLC
- Able to produce desired results in ambiguous environments
- Lead team in ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Quality Assurance, or related field
- Understanding of SQL and API technologies and uses
- Experience using various methods of visualizing and analyzing data (ex: Tableau, Excel)
- Knowledge of QA testing terminology, methodologies, and tools
- Work on-site at our Nashville office, or in a Hybrid structure
Duties and Responsibilities
As a QA Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the sustainable quality of our products and services before customers’ consumption, and you have a passion for leading, coaching, and mentoring a team of hard-working people. You view yourself as a builder who seeks to put in place strong foundations in how we do things so that we’re always improving over time.
- Use of context-driven approaches/techniques and appropriate testing tools to facilitate deep testing and quality assessment
- Execute the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all QA team members
- People management (about 3-4 team members)
- Work closely with engineering and product to develop plans for the type and levels of testing for a given release
- Lead team in root cause analysis with client-facing issues and escalations
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate within a cross-functional team
- Assist in the planning, creation, and execution of automated checks
- Empathize and view the product through our users’ lenses to elevate product quality
- Understanding of Agile methodology, context-driven testing methodologies, and exploratory testing approaches are a plus
- Analyze data in order to develop plans to motivate, and encourage team members while striving to improve processes and product quality through documentation and best practices
- Provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing QA standards in alignment with company initiatives
What It’s Like To Work Here
At ProviderTrust, we recognize that experience can be built in a number of ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume or your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more. We will champion building a team that embodies empathy, equity, respect, and inclusivity while actively supporting our community, clients, partners, and friends. We value differences of opinions and embrace everyone’s unique perspective. We desire an environment that allows all team members to bring their full selves to work, unashamedly. We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time. ProviderTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package with 401k matching, meaningful equity, HSA employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance
- Free medical, dental, and vision for you; PT pays 100% of your premiums. We also offer access to a range of free mental health and well-being resources
- Unlimited PTO, 9 paid holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Internal professional growth, development, and mobility
- Daily all-company morning huddles to sync up across the business
- In-office experience: fully stocked kitchen, ergonomic desk setup, dog-friendly, and lots of celebrations!
- Remote experience: home office set-up with technology provided, remote-friendly meetings and celebrations, and interest-specific Slack channels for connecting across teams
- Fitness stipend, wellness program, and cell phone reimbursement
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2020)