Vice President, Marketing
ProviderTrust empowers safer healthcare for patients, providers, and payers by leveraging always-accurate compliance intelligence. Founded in 2010 in Nashville, TN, ProviderTrust creates comprehensive solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to continuously monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. Our solutions monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials, and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions.
ProviderTrust monitors and verifies compliance and credential issues across the healthcare ecosystem, connecting vital intelligence to the moments and workflows you need it most. From OIG exclusions to licenses and credentials, our healthcare monitoring and verification platform goes beyond good enough.
As the Vice President of Marketing, you will manage and lead the Marketing Department at ProviderTrust. The VP of Marketing will serve as an integral member of ProviderTrust’s Commercial Leadership team, setting the clear point-of-view for marketing strategy in an ever-evolving healthcare technology landscape, and working with Product, Sales, and Account Management counterparts in pursuit of collective revenue performance. This role will work collaboratively with Content, Demand Generation, and Product Marketing leads to execute an omni-channel, marketing strategy that helps increase the footprint across all growth segments. Additionally, this person will be responsible for driving a clear vision for product marketing, championing efforts to improve packaging and pricing, and connecting market needs with an intelligent growth strategy.
The right candidate will have experience in leading competitive intel, market research, and product enablement initiatives to further enhance the team’s product marketing capabilities. The VP of Marketing will immediately oversee an established team of marketing professionals and requires the ability to foster collaboration and teamwork. This role will set the direction and culture of our Marketing organization, reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- This role is based in Nashville, TN
- 8+ years experience as a VP of Marketing, Director of Product Marketing, or related senior role.
- Experience having successfully led as a “manager of managers”, effective at building and leading a high-performing team.
- 5+ years experience in SaaS product offering, packaging & pricing.
- Proven experience with overseeing multiple marketing functions in alignment with an overarching marketing strategy and plan, including digital and marketing automation, PR and communications, content marketing, trade shows/events, product marketing, and more.
- Analytical and metrics-driven, with the ability to make calculated decisions from complex marketing data and a variety of qualitative inputs.
- Experience developing and leading go-to-market plans for complex products or product portfolios, having built and managed multi-year plans and associated budgets.
- In-depth knowledge of market research best practices, competitive analyses, and other marketing methodologies and approaches.
- Specific marketing experience with a SaaS-based company, healthcare data, and/or technology preferred.
- Travel as needed/required.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams across the organization, interfacing with Marketing, Product, Operations, and other Commercial leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Team Leadership: This role will set the tone and vision for long-term initiatives of the Marketing Department, establishing close working relationships with team leads to execute and deliver on day-to-day responsibilities and goals. In this role, you will continue to build on a model of shared accountability and success, cultivating collaboration, open-mindedness, and adventure to push our marketing strategy into our next anticipated season of high growth. Additionally, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for maintaining ProviderTrust’s unique employment/culture to the Nashville community and beyond, working with the People Operations team to ensure our values-driven, people-first culture remains our biggest differentiator.
Brand/Product Positioning: This role will continue to establish and expand our brand position to be more product-focused, driving further prospect awareness and engagement, opening new avenues for brand growth, and ensuring revenue optimization across our target markets. The VP of Marketing will continue to evolve our go-to-market strategy, driving competitor and market analysis to identify and sharpen ProviderTrust’s unique position in an evolving marketplace. This role will also lead enablement of go-to-market strategy, activation, and marketing engagement for ProviderTrust partners, elevating the brand via added sales channels.
Packaging and Pricing: The VP of Marketing will be responsible for our product packaging and pricing strategies for our evolving product offering to ensure the most effective go-to-market strategy in both the Payer and Provider segments. This role will be responsible for leading and activating strategic initiatives, such as product and market launch processes, pricing, packaging, and market intelligence, by collaborating extensively across the company.
Strategic & Financial Planning: The VP of Marketing will partner with marketing team leads and cross-departmental leaders to set our annual and three-year marketing plan, budget, goals, and initiatives in alignment with key company growth goals and KPIs.
What It’s Like To Work Here
At ProviderTrust, we recognize that experience can be built in a number of ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume or your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more. We will champion building a team that embodies empathy, equity, respect, and inclusivity while actively supporting our community, clients, partners, and friends. We value differences of opinions and embrace everyone’s unique perspective. We desire an environment that allows all team members to bring their full selves to work, unashamedly. We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time. ProviderTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package with 401k matching, meaningful equity, HSA employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits; PT pays 80% of your premiums. We also offer access to a range of free mental health and well-being resources
- Unlimited PTO, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Internal professional growth, development, and mobility
- Daily all-company morning huddles to sync up across the business
- In-office experience: fully stocked kitchen, ergonomic desk setup, dog-friendly, and lots of celebrations!
- Remote experience: home office set-up with technology provided, remote-friendly meetings and celebrations, and interest-specific Slack channels for connecting across teams
- Fitness stipend, wellness program, and cell phone reimbursement
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2020)