Site Reliability Engineer
ProviderTrust empowers safer healthcare for patients, providers, and payers by leveraging always-accurate compliance intelligence. Founded in 2010 in Nashville, TN, ProviderTrust creates comprehensive solutions to solve complex problems to make healthcare data meaningful and actionable. Our mission is to create a safer healthcare for everyone.
We partner with HR, Compliance, and Provider Operations teams to continuously monitor healthcare populations to identify license, credential, compliance, and payment eligibility issues before they impact patients. Our solutions monitor employees, vendors, provider networks, licenses, credentials, and more for OIG and state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions or disciplinary actions, license expirations or suspensions.
ProviderTrust monitors and verifies compliance and credential issues across the healthcare ecosystem, connecting vital intelligence to the moments and workflows you need it most. From OIG exclusions to licenses and credentials, our healthcare monitoring and verification platform goes beyond good enough.
Reporting to the manager of Systems Engineering, the Site Reliability Engineer guides the creation, installation, and support of computing systems and cloud infrastructure used by ProviderTrust. You are responsible for considering the overall impact of technical infrastructure on the company. Using SRE best practices, responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, and capacity planning of all ProviderTrust systems.
- Designing and maintaining secure Linux web servers
- Experience with managing networks
- Designing secure Docker containers according to best practices
- Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, ECS, etc.
- Cloud based IaaS (AWS strongly encouraged)
- Designing and maintaining a monitoring environment like Splunk, Nagios, CloudWatch (Splunk strongly encouraged)
- Automated configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation (Terraform strongly encouraged)
- Distributed revision control tools (GitHub strongly encouraged)
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment tools like Jenkins, GitHub Actions (GitHub Actions strongly encouraged)
- Strong competency in at least one major scripting or programming language (Golang strongly encouraged)
- A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest tools and technologies
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Remote, Hybrid, or work on-site at our Nashville office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults and assists with the architecture for ProviderTrust computing systems, application infrastructure, and deployment methods
- Assess, design, and evaluate systems following Non-Abstract Large Scale Systems Design (NALSD) with a focus on reliability
- Design and implement observability
- Define and measure reliability goals: SLIs, SLOs, and error budgets
- Eliminate toil as defined by the SRE book
What It’s Like To Work Here
At ProviderTrust, we recognize that experience can be built in a number of ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume or your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more. We will champion building a team that embodies empathy, equity, respect, and inclusivity while actively supporting our community, clients, partners, and friends. We value differences of opinions and embrace everyone’s unique perspective. We desire an environment that allows all team members to bring their full selves to work, unashamedly. We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time. ProviderTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in common:
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package with 401k matching, meaningful equity, HSA employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits; PT pays 80% of your premiums. We also offer access to a range of free mental health and well-being resources
- Unlimited PTO, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Internal professional growth, development, and mobility
- Daily all-company morning huddles to sync up across the business
- In-office experience: fully stocked kitchen, ergonomic desk setup, dog-friendly, and lots of celebrations!
- Remote experience: home office set-up with technology provided, remote-friendly meetings and celebrations, and interest-specific Slack channels for connecting across teams
- Fitness stipend, wellness program, and cell phone reimbursement
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2020)